Period Pain (Dysmenorrhoea) is a widespread female problem that affects 40-90% of women. Period pain can have a real impact on the quality of life, leading to absences from work and school.
The Ova Plus Period Pain Reliever offers a completely natural form of relief from period pain and the pain of secondary menstrual pain due to conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids, or pelvic inflammatory disease.
The unit applies a small electric current through two electrode patches placed on the lower abdomen. This causes muscles in the uterine area to relax, leaving a calming analgesic effect.
This small and convenient unit can be worn all day under clothing to provide safe, continuous, drug-free period pain relief whilst maintaining a normal, active lifestyle.
- Clinically Proven – Trials carried out using the Ova Plus have identified that TENS is very effective at treating period pain. TENS reduces the cramping which is caused by reduced blood flow to the muscles. Results of the trial illustrated that the Ova Plus did not present any side effects, such as nausea and drowsiness, commonly associated with analgesia and other pain relief drugs.
- Endometriosis Pain Relief – Treatment for Endometriosis consists of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs, or the oral contraceptive pill, all of which work by reducing the activity of the uterine muscle. The Ova Plus uses TENS which, rather than reducing uterine muscle activity, works by altering the body’s ability both to receive and to perceive pain signals. Endometriosis sufferers feel that the Ova Plus takes the edge off the pain and makes life more tolerable.
- Long-life Rechargeable Battery – The Ova Plus has a long-life rechargeable battery which can be charged via USB to enable quicker, more convenient charging without the use of a mains adaptor.
- 針對子宮內膜異位症的治療方法包括非甾體類抗炎藥或口服避孕藥，但這些藥都會降低子宮肌的活動。而Ova Plus則使用TENS技術，並不會改變子宮肌肉的活動，TENS能透過改變身體接收及感知疼痛信號的能力來發揮止痛作用。調查顯示，子宮內膜異位症患者認為Ova Plus可以有效減輕疼痛，使生活更加寬容。
- 操作簡單，超輕便設計，尺寸只有3.8cm x 6.53cm x 0.96cm (細過包紙巾!)
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
If you are in any doubt about any of these warnings please consult your medical adviser.
Do Not Use TENS:
• If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem.
TENS in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. If TENS is applied on the front of the neck this can affect your heart rate. Very strong TENS across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
• If you have epilepsy TENS may affect seizure threshold.
• During the first three months of pregnancy
It is not known whether TENS may affect foetal development.
• On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy.
Stop using immediately if you experience unexpected contractions.
• When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain may delay diagnosis of progressive condition.